The year is winding down, and I continue to catch up on sharing my top lessons learned in 2017. November kicked off with a special trip to learn from and share with my own coach, Todd Ballenger. A number of these lessons came from our time together in Denver, as he continues to push me to my full capabilities and helps me create both a business AND life I love.
And once again, I hope one or more of these lessons can help you in some way move forward, either professionally or personally. That’s why I share them.
- When hiring…when in doubt, don’t!
- Find THE ONE thing to implement from each book I read. (Note: I read a LOT of books, and tend to want to implement everything. This is a tough challenge for me!)
- “Pain + Reflection = Progress”. This ties to my belief that there are only “winners” and “learners”. Learn by reflecting.
- Don’t try to stop thinking! My mind will quiet itself when it is ready.
- Building on people can be unpredictable. Building on systems can be predictable AND scalable.
- With structure and accountability…comes freedom.
- Talent + Passions + Leadership = my unique difference that I must uncover.
- There is no path. The path is made by walking. (Joseph Campbell)
- An ‘event’ is just an ‘event’. It may be something to address and solve. But it’s not a problem until I attach a negative thought or weight to it. (Yeah, chew on that one a bit 😉 )
- Behind every criticism…is a wish.
- *BONUS!* Your mind will filter events to reinforce a current belief. Saying “I can” or “I can’t” further reinforces the belief. (This is huge, and should be top of mind for us all on a daily basis!)
Thank you for reading and following! Keep learning. Keep growing. It is what we are designed to do as humans. And PLEASE SHARE this with others to give value and help THEM grow.