What a year of learning, growing, and implementing! Every month this year, I have been journaling the greatest insights and reminders I learn each day. Here are the Top 10 lessons I learned in July 2017. Let me know which ones resonate with you the most in the comments below. *Special thanks to Todd Duncan, who I had the joy of spending a week with in Mexico in July…so much wisdom shared.
I hope one or more can help you in some way move forward.
- How you handle even minor adversity reveals a ton about you. (This has been a biggie for helping me in helping to manage people UP or OUT lately.)
- Practice being more interested in what the other person has to say than making sure you are heard. (Kind of goes with the mantra…we have one mouth and two ears.)
- We get more accomplished when focusing on fewer things. (Amen!)
- Leadership doesn’t happen in a day; it happens daily. – Todd Duncan
- Connect first, convert second. – Todd Duncan (I’ve been really making a shift in this.)
- Stop doing what you don’t want more of! – Todd Duncan (Let this sink in a bit…packs a punch!)
- It’s easy to lose touch with the human side of our business. (A powerful line from the book, The Connector’s Way by Patrick Galvin)
- Don’t expect anything from others until you’ve first created value for others. (I live by this.)
- The power of completely unplugging from all work-related activities and thinking cannot be over-stated. (Vacations and time with family are just not the same when still “connected” a little.)
- If I can accomplish just three important things each day at work, 15 per week, I will accomplish more than most. (A new focus I’m working on to improve what I say YES to and what I say NO to…and not feeling like my to-do list is cluttered with the un-important.)
Keep learning. Keep growing. It is what we are designed to do as humans. And please share this with others to give value and help THEM grow.