Are You Chasing the Money or Your Passion?

The following is an excerpt from the book, “Holy IT…A Guide to Finding and Doing Your Thing – Your ‘IT'” by my good friend Scott Wittig.

A twenty year study done by Robert J. Kriegel and Louis Patler that observed over 1,500 people to determine the relationship between passion, career choice and financial success.

At the outset of the study, the group was divided into Group A, 83 percent of the sample, who were embarking on a career for the prospects of making money now in order to do what they wanted later, and Group B, the other 17 percent of the sample, who had chosen a career path for the reverse reason, they were going to pursue what they wanted to do now and worry about money later.

The data showed some startling revelations:

  • At the end of the 20 years, 101 of the 1,500 had become millionaires.
  • Of the millionaires, all but one – 100 out of 101 – were from Group B, the group that had chosen to pursue what they loved!

Look at your own career choices?  Are you passionate about what you do at work?  Does fear hold you back from pursuing what you’ve always wanted to?

Scott’s book is inspiring and fun to read.  If you are “stuck” and unsure of what your ‘IT’ is or how to pursue what you’ve always wanted, I recommend picking up Scott’s book and gaining the clarity you need!  (No, I do not make money endorsing his book.)

About Trevor Hammond

Since 1998, Trevor Hammond has helped thousands of families finance their homes and make smart decisions when it comes to their personal finances. Now, as a sought-after mortgage advisor, coach, speaker, and author, Trevor Hammond continues to focus on helping people enjoy more money, less stress, and more life. As the co-author of Borrow Smart, Repay Smart and his 2018 follow up book, Mortgages, Money and Life, Trevor has created unique financial coaching programs and spoken in front of thousands of people on his book concepts ranging from improving cash flow and savings, managing liabilities, to advanced real estate financing strategies for homeowners. His passion for providing financial education and his ability to innovate unique processes that help both clients and originators excel, has led Trevor to become a top producer and build a #1 branch in the country for mortgage lending company Sierra Pacific Mortgage. Whether Trevor is speaking to hundreds of people from the stage, working on his next book or mentoring a Loan Officer one-on-one as a High Trust™ Leader, he is pursuing his greatest passion of all: Coaching.
This entry was posted in Business, Career, Freedom, Fulfillment. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply